Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Burda Style Shorts 4-2013 #102


Woops, thread tails!



I made these shorts for my DD a couple of weeks ago. Precious really likes them. The fabric is a net material with random cotton shapes sewn down.  It looks lacey but not really. I made the smallest size for DD. However, she has a cylindrical torso, so I made some adjustments. I added some width to the inner leg, I slashed and spread in the center of her thigh upward and let out the side and front above her hips. These are typical adjustments for her. The one major change that I did on this pattern was to eliminate the fly front and just use an invisible zip on the side.  I am just lazy like that.
The pattern called for a lining fabric used like an underlining. I thought that in no way was I wrestling with slippery lining fabric for a pair of shorts that will probably be only worn one summer. Sooooo, I just used some white poly cotton sheet looking fabric in my overflowing stash as the lining.

Easy squeezy shorts!

Hugs and smooches,

Claire

7 comments:

  1. Those are really cool shorts! Did you make the top, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are actually cuter in person than the pics. The top is something she bought locally.

      Delete
  2. Those look really cute! I'm about ready to try a pair of shorts for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need shorts! These are really really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute shorts in a fun fabric!

    ReplyDelete