Monday, July 2, 2012

Colette Iris Shorts

 I am on a roll with Colette patterns.  I made the Sorbetto and thought that I wanted to try more of her patterns.  I made these out of an indigo tencel fabric that I purchased at Super Steve's in Dallas.  It is really called Super Textiles near Harry Hines Blvd.  It is just a warehouse full of fabrics.  Steve is the owner and he is so much fun. 
I have over exposed these pics so that some of the details can be seen.

Sizing on this pattern: If you are between sizes, go with the larger size.
My hips were a size 6 and my belly was a size 10.  I just went with a size 8 with no grading and they were perfect.  I know that is weird, but a little tighter in the waist holds them up without elastic.
I changed the sewing order up some.  I attached the waist band and facings before I sewed the right side up.  It just makes for easy adjusting if needed. The instructions do not call for understitching.  Do understitch the pocket lining and the waist band.

 I love the inseam pockets on the front (not sides).  It is a slimming feature.
This is one of the first shorts patterns that I have enjoyed wearing right away.


((Sewing hugs))
Claire

10 comments:

  1. Those look really nice! I have not tried Colette patterns but it seems that everyone has good results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleasantly surprised with how nice her patterns are. She has a great blog too.

      Delete
    2. I'll have to look her blog up. What site do you buy her patterns from? I noticed there is a book out. Do you have it, and if so, what has your experience been with it?

      Delete
  2. Hi Shirley Ann, I bought her pattern from Pattern Review. Her website is http://www.colettepatterns.com/shop. You can get to her blog from there too. I have not bought any of her books. Now you have me thinking that I may need to hunt that down. My daughter loves her patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following sewing blogs results in me spending more money on other patterns I didn't know I needed LOL

      Delete
  3. The fit on these looks so nice, and I really like the interesting pockets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! The pockets are really nice since they do not add bulk to my hips.

      Delete
  4. The fit on these shorts is spot on. Nice work! I've not tried Colette patterns either, but what I've seen looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! My daughter has been after me for awhile for some Colette dress patterns and she wanted these shorts. I'll have to post some pics of her wearing them. She does more justice to them than myself (ha).

      Delete
  5. These shorts fit you SO well + I really like the length of them. I'm another commenter that hasn't yet tried the Colette patterns, but between these shorts + the oh-so-adorable black dress you made for your daughter, I'm sold!

    And thank you so much for the sweet comment :)

    ReplyDelete