Friday, November 2, 2012

Simplicity 2181







This is a great little tee pattern. I made a size 14 and straightened the side seam a little.  My waist is not too little anymore.  Anyhoo, my daughter said that it was slimming, therefore it is my new favorite top.  I am wearing it with some Jalie jeans that I made.  I won't show you the waist of these jeans because I had to put some elastic in them so they would stay up.  The tee has a large front facing that I accidentally omitted. Once I had the front twist done, I skipped the instructions. This pattern needs a facing for the neck so I just copied the back neckline and added 2 1/2 inches in width. I cut the front facing 2 1/2 inches wide and joined it to my back facing at the shoulders then attached it to the neck hole. I understitched the facing and then coverstitched it down about 1/2 inch from the edge.  The next one is going to have an inch in length added.  I am 5' 2" and it just seems short to me.  No other fitting adjustments were done.  I wish I had done a little more matching work on the stripes, but I'm not sure I am too bothered by that.  It was fun, easy and flattering!
Have a nice weekend!!
Claire

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I like the color of your jeans; where did you find it? Have you tried the Jalie trouser pattern? I'm curious if that works as well. I'm tempted to try it, but I still need to make some other jeans for myself first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley Ann! The fabric was bought ages ago and I am not sure where, probably local. I haven't tried the Jalie trouser pants. I love Jalie and I would suspect it is a good pattern.

      Delete
  2. Very perceptive daughter! Looks cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! She always gives me her unvarnished opinion (ha).

      Delete